Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

OB Appointment Update

OB Appointment Update
Here's the news from my OB appointment today:

  • Measuring exactly 38 weeks (at 38w1d).
  • Calla's Heart Beat = 159
  • Head is in my pelvis at Station 0
  • 3 centimeters dilated!
  • 75% effaced
  • Mucous Plug is pretty much gone (I've been losing it gradually for a few weeks now).
  • Doctor believes the baby is right at seven pounds now.


The doctor expects me to go into labor any day this week. She said Calla just has to make up her mind which day she'd like to have for a birthday.

Just like last week, I still feel great! I really feel lucky to have no complaints this late in the game. I feel really calm and patient for Calla to arrive when she's ready. It's hard to believe that it's now simply a matter of days (or weeks) until she's in my arms. Wow!

Oh yeah! I almost forgot to mention that Calla really doesn't like the doppler (used to hear and measure her heartbeat). Every time the nurse uses the doppler on me, Calla will run away from it. Today she signaled her displeasure by running away AND then just throwing a tantrum inside my tummy. Attitude!!! Everyone in the room (nurse, new nurse being trained, Bill, and me) were all in awe of how my tummy was twitching and jumping. It's like Calla wanted to get that nurse for bothering her!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh, how funny that she runs from the doppler! Glad you are still feeling great too, I have been hearing 'any day now also' and it makes me so ansy!

Love the way the belly cast turned out, very nice!

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos