Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Friday, July 18, 2008

We Met the Doula

Today was pretty exciting because we got to meet our doula, Melissa, in person for the first time. We both really liked her. She seems to have a great reputation, too. I keep hearing good things about her. I hear that she and my doctor work really well together as a team, too. Thank goodness.

In baby name news, I've really appreciated all the feedback from everyone. I'll add a few points in defense of Sophia as a middle name that I hadn't mentioned in my previous post:
-Like Calla, it's from the Greek, so the names complement one another.
-Sophia comes from a Greek word that means Wisdom.
-I like the rhythm or meter of the two names together.
-When we decided, some years back, that we would have a baby someday, we would refer to our "imaginary baby" as Sophia/Sophie. This was before the name shot to the top of the baby name popularity charts, though. Once I became pregnant, we decided that her first name would not be Sophia or Sophie (or anything else on the Top Ten Most Popular Baby Names list).
-We both think it's a beautiful name. :)
-My mom REALLY likes it!
-Then there was this:
Middle Name Recommendations from www.babynamegenie.com, recommended by my cousin, Dallas:
Baby Name
1. Calla Perla Hazelton
2. Calla Sophia Hazelton
3. Calla Christina Hazelton


So don't be surprised if she gets named Calla Sophia!

No comments:

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos