Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Calla Sophia - What do you think?

For about the last week or so, Papa Bee and I have been calling the baby "Calla" - no doubt, that's going to be her name. Calla means beautiful, I believe it's from a Greek word. Calla lilies happen to be my favorite flowers, too. Bill and I both love the name. So the first name is pretty definite.

We're not as sure about the middle name, however. I like how it sounds with Sophia as a middle name. I've read that it's not a good idea to have the same ending sound for both names, but I think the combination sounds nice to my ears. I guess I feel like Sophia ends with an ee-uh sound and Calla ends with an uh sound, so it doesn't seem exactly the same.

Anyway, what do you think? Any suggestions for a middle name to go along with Calla? Do you agree with me that Calla Sophia sounds nice?

Oh, and a request in advance, please don't be calling her Callie! :D

4 comments:

MrsHonea said...

It honestly doesn't matter in the end what I or anyone else thinks, but I'm not sure I like the two together...I tend to agree with the book advice. Sorry. Calla is a pretty different name and I'm not really coming up with anything for a middle name. You could go without one...?? Just a thought.

Mama Shel said...

When we came up with Miles it was just a name that popped up out of the blue that caught our attention and we miraculously agreed on it. (We chose a Hawaiian middle name to honor his Bradshaw heritage.) But believe me there was a LOT of debate and thought put into what names would sound good with the first name Miles. First, make sure they don't run together like MilesSimon. Then, make sure they're not the same letter like Miles Marcus. Lastly, it should flow with the last name and, though you have a beautiful one, consider she may someday be married and change it.
Heh, who said having a kid was easy!!

Oh, by the way I looooove Calla!!

Dallas said...

I love the name Calla and i like sophia with it but if you are still wondering I found a website www.babynamegenie.com where you can put the first and last name and it will give you ideas for the middle name. You may have already found it though. I kind of liked kingston but it may be too much with your last name. Love to you, bill, and Calla(how sweet) love the blog like knowing how you are doing.

HeatherZ said...

I love love love the name Calla. I'm not so hot on the name Sophia, even for a middle name.. There are just too many Sophia's running around out there and this baby girl is sure to be a wonderfully unique person who deserves a wonderfully unique name. Of course, this is just my 2 cents and I'll love her even if her name is DiddleeDee. ;-) I'll see if I can come up with any middle name suggestions.. I still really like Willa Beatrix too..

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos