Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quick Update

Tomorrow I'll be 29 weeks. The most recent doctor's appointment went okay. I had to take the glucose challenge. Nothing at all like the Pepsi challenge, trust me. I had to drink some syrupy orange drink then have my blood drawn to see if I have or am at risk for gestational diabetes. I think it's unlikely. My only concern is that they were supposed to draw the blood within an hour, and they didn't get around to it until almost an hour and a half after I had finished the drink. We'll see what the results are like.

That was my last appointment with my Dr. Roginsky who's moving away. I'll really miss her. She set up another appointment for me with a different doctor at her practice for a 3-D ultrasound on August 12. I am counting the days!

Everything is going well. I'm feeling great, but I can definitely tell that I'm in the third trimester. No complaints here, mind you.

Hard to believe it's getting so close! I've begun listening to my Hypnobabies CDs each day. Tomorrow we're picking up the nursery furniture. Today we worked on painting the little desk that goes in the nursery. We also bought and cut the fabric for the nursery curtains. I'll start sewing them later this week (I hope). I'll also do my maternity leave paperwork. I spoke to my co-workers about my plan. If you didn't know, it's to work about a week of half days starting at the end of August, then to use sick and vacation time starting at the beginning of September. After that's used up, my leave will begin. I told them I might not come back, which seemed to surprise them. I felt a little guilty, a little sad, but glad that I let them know.

Coolgram sent photos today of even more baby clothes she's bought for Calla (including little bows for her head). Very cute!

Cheryl sent out email invitations for the baby shower! It will be on August 23 at her NEW HOUSE (exciting!!!). If you live in or around Memphis and didn't get an evite, you will probably be receiving a paper invitation soon. I'm looking forward to celebrating with everyone!

It's getting past bedtime here, so I had better close! Maybe we'll take the belly pic on time tomorrow for a change and get it posted for the next baby blog post!

No comments:

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos