Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Thursday, July 10, 2008

My To Do List


Yes, there's a lot of stuff on there! Yes, there are a few things with a deadline of tomorrow, too! I'm sure there are a few things I forgot to put on the list, as well.
However, let's focus on a few of the things that have been completed.

Hire a Doula - Okay, she's not officially hired just yet. I spoke with her on the phone yesterday, discussed it with Bill last night, and as far as we're concerned she is hired. I just have to call her back today and make the final arrangements. I'm contracting Melissa Stallings a doula who is in the midst of becoming a midwife. She served as doula for one of my pre-natal yoga classmates, who spoke very highly of her. Melissa also has a lot of experience, and I liked her right away when I spoke with her on the phone. My first impression was that she was very friendly and down-to-earth. I'm excited about (almost) having a doula!

Organize Study - Recently Bill and I moved the furniture and contents of my study from the future nursery to the former sunroom. The room was very cluttered and disorganized (and giving me little tiny panic attacks) for several days. Yesterday I got it into shape! It's looking pretty good. I like having my study in the sunroom, so far.

Clean Closet - The closet in the nursery had been used for storage. It was full of sewing notions, fabrics, electronics, computer parts, software, shoes, tons of office supplies (I have this thing about office supplies), and so on. I pulled everything out of the closet and I've found new homes for most of the items (The attic is going to get pretty crowded!). Now the closet is ready for baby stuff!

Get a New OB - This isn't marked complete yet, but I'm making some progress. I've been getting recommendations, and yesterday I began making some calls. I hope to have a new OB lined up by the end of the week.

That still leaves a lot of work to do, and I'm only a week shy of entering the third trimester (according to most sources)! I really haven't accomplished as much during the second trimester as I had hoped, but I'm sure I'll get everything finished in time. I'm feeling great physically, and it's not like I'm going to immediately feel yucky as soon as I hit 27 weeks.

No comments:

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos