Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Monday, February 11, 2008

OMG OMG OMG!

Can you keep a secret?

Well, I don't know if I can trust you to keep this big secret, so I'm going to wait to post this until later this week. I'm writing on February 11, 2008 (Monday).

Look! Look!



Wow!
Let me just say, "I knew it!" I knew it all along, but I couldn't be 100% certain. The apparent false negative really confused/concerned me last week, but all's well that ends well.



In spite of the negative HPT, I noticed the following mild symptoms:

  • Swollen chest, growing sore

  • Weepiness

  • Irritability

  • Increased appetite

  • Increased urination

  • Heightened sense of smell

  • Unusual sensations in lower abdomen, similar to menstrual cramps, yet different

  • Absence of period


So, after a week of these symptoms each continuing to grow stronger, I re-tested. I knew it had to be positive this time, otherwise what could explain these symptoms? I mean it's not uncommon for me to be late, but it's certainly not common, either.

I've had no morning sickness (so far)!
Could I be lucky enough to avoid morning sickness all together? My doctor advised me to start the pre-natal vitamins before even trying to conceive, and she mentioned that doing so might help reduce morning sickness after conception. Maybe she was right? Maybe I'll start puking tomorrow, who knows? It was the one thing that kept me from being 100% certain I was pregnant after the negative HPT. I kept thinking, if I had nausea, I'd know for sure.



Last night, I stopped drinking around 7 pm, because I didn't want my urine to be too diluted. I was so careful with the test this morning. Instead of peeing directly onto the stick, I peed into a disposible cup. Then I dipped the stick into the urine, carefully counting off five seconds (one thousand one... one thousand two...). The test is supposed to take about two minutes, but it was just a few (long) seconds until I could see a faint vertical line. I felt so very lucky and relieved and, even though "I knew it", I was also shocked. I was laughing and crying at the same time. I was euphoric. I still am, really.




I don't want to tell Bill until Valentine's Day (that's why I'm waiting to post this), but how can I keep such good news to myself for three days??? If you're reading this before February 14, then you'll know I couldn't wait!


Obviously, I couldn't wait! I gave him his Valentine's Day gift a day early (a book on pregnancy for fathers-to-be). More on his thrilled reaction later.

2 comments:

LS said...

Let me guess...Bill said "OW MY BALLS" !!!!

Catherine said...

Haha!

We've decided that all the ball-related gifts on Bill's birthday must have been fertility charms.

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos