Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bill, the Provider

Since revealing my little Valentine's secret to Bill last week, we've told our immediate family and a few friends last week. We're not necessarily trying to keep the pregnancy a secret, but we're not really ready to tell the whole world yet since it's so early.


Bill is so enthusiastic about becoming a father. He's been reading the "Daddies for Dummies" (as he calls it) book I gave him for Valentine's Day, and he's obviously been doing some independent research on various pregnancy topics because he surprises me with little tidbits of information that even I, the voracious pregnancy book reader/pregnancy site surfer, have overlooked.


He's been especially attentive and sweet to me, not that he was any slouch before. To be honest, I almost feel a little guilty about the extra attention and fuss. But, then again, I suppose I would be disappointed without it. He's been very patient with my absent-mindedness and chronic fatigue. He's taking great care of the cat box, too. And, he seems just as keen to discuss all things baby as I am lately.


And, I guess he's taking his role as provider to the wee one pretty seriously because he's already begun to accumulate some baby stuff. I was very suprised and touched yesterday when he brought home an adorable baby record book and a very fancy body pillow for me. Check them out:



The book is so cute. I'm sure I would have picked the same one myself, because I intend to use green and yellow in the nursery AND I adore giraffes.

The pillow is a downright luxury. When I first saw it, I said, "Bill, I don't need this yet, I am nowhere near close to showing!" But he pointed out that I could start using it now so I would be used to it when I "really" need it. Also, knowing I'm a tummy sleeper, it will give me an opportunity to get out of that habit. Isn't that a thoughtful fella? I slept with it last night, and I really loved it. I was only on my tummy maybe twice, and briefly. Excellent!

And, even though he'd already been to the baby store, he was happy to go look at baby stuff with me that evening. Yeah, that's how we spent our Friday night. Then we came home and he whipped up dinner, without his usual assistant because she was snoozing on the sofa, of course. Lucky her.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congratulations!!! Cheryl told me last night, and then I found this blog this morning. I'm so excited for you guys, and am looking forward to seeing your pregnancy progress.

Please don't EVER feel you have to keep something pregnancy-related from me. I am always happy when people I love have good things happen to them. And since I think that you and Bill are going to be incredibly awesome parents, this is-- as Martha would say-- a Good Thing.

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos