Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Girl's Night In @ Cat's

On Saturday, I hosted a Girl's Night In, which is a tradition among my girlfriends that my friend Cheryl started a few years ago. When I began planning the party, I had no idea I would be pregnant by then. So with one of us pregnant, and another having recently given birth(four weeks ago), as you might imagine there was a whole lotta baby talk. This was really good for me, because I heard great stories, advice, warnings, and it also helped me get a bit of my baby obsession out of my system. Now I feel like I'm better able to focus on things other than the kogojira now - like work, for example.

New Stuff for Baby
The last thing I expected was to get some baby gear, but a few friends came bearing gifts.
Baby Mozart CD

Girlfriends' Guide


Thanks to everyone who came. I appreciated the food, the baby stuff, the well-wishes, and most of all the laughs!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks for being our hostess; I had a blast! By the way, I have Shel's copy of "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" that I can pass your way, so just let me know when you're ready for yet another baby book to peruse.

sweetpea said...

How sweet of your friends to bring such nice gifts and for being so thoughtful. Maybe when I come in October, I will be able to meet a lot of these friends. The lil sweetpea is gonna be mighty blessed.

Mama Shel said...

Heh - I guess I would be the one who "recently gave birth". Now that Miles is 2 months old I have a wealth of information and advice I can pass on to you. Both in the baby and maternity department.
The number one thing to keep forefront in your mind when people are doling out negative information (and they inevitably will) is that you should only rely on about 50% of what they say. Most of the stuff that happens to others will never happen to you and a bunch of stuff no one ever mentions WILL happen to you. The trick is to know the difference.

Catherine said...

Thanks Shel. That sounds like advice I can really use!

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos