Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Eating for Two?

What the heck happened to my appetite, then?

I've been lucky to have (so far) avoided the dreaded morning sickness, but (in spite of that) my appetite has abandoned me in the last few days. This is just a tiny bit of a concern to me, because the doctor wasn't exactly thrilled that I had lost two pounds since becoming pregnant. At the beginning of my pregnancy, I had a crazy intense, could-not-be-sated appetite. In fact, I was really surprised that I had actually lost weight. I chalked it up to abstaining from alcohol and junk food.

Bill made it his personal goal to "fatten me up" (but without resorting to feeding me outright junk), and we've made progress. As of this morning, I have finally surpassed my pre-pregnancy weight by one pound. But starting yesterday, maybe Sunday, my appetite just sort of went into a coma. I've been eating well, but finding no pleasure in it. That's no fun!

2 comments:

sweetpea said...

You will get hungry and it will be an obsession with you. LOL.....No doubt. So eat healthy, as I know you are, and be patient. easy to say, eh?

Catherine said...

Thanks Mom. I'm trying. I keep trying to think of stuff that I feel like eating that has a lot of nutrition, calories, and stuff (like avocados, for example). Mostly I don't feel like eating. Maybe it's the start of nausea? I'm sure it will improve, though. Some good news is that the
prescription prenatal vitamins seem to be helping with the fatigue.

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos