So, Calla had her four month old well baby visit on the 12th. And here is the essential information:
Weight: 19 lbs 2 oz (I was wrong; she is not yet 20 pounds)
Height: 27.5" (Amazon baby!)
She is in the 97% percentile, I believe, for weight and height. Big healthy baby!
Other medical information of note:
* She had her DTaP vaccine and an oral Rotavirus vaccine. She was very fussy that evening and had some very watery, stanky stanky poo for a few days (diarrhea, I suppose). These are common side effects.
* Doctor advises that between four and nine months old babies should be sleeping through the night. We'll see about that. Still, I
really don't mind our night feedings, generally only once a night and I sleep through most of it, anyway!
* Doctor says it's cool to wait until six months to start experimenting with solids, but that it is also okay to start giving Calla
cereal now and then. My current plan is to hold off, and to start after six months with vegetables instead of cereal. We'll see
how that goes.
* Calla's stubborn neck rash is finally almost gone!
* We're taking Calla off the reflux medicine to see how she does!
Healthy, happy baby!