Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sugar & Spice?

I've begun to pay more attention to articles about pregnancy, so this report about how blood sugar can affect a baby's gender caught my eye recently.

Scientists studying mice in South Africa have found that low blood sugar levels at conception produced more female baby mice than male. And, don't ask me why because I'm no dietician, eating sweets lowers blood sugar somehow, therefore sugar and spice (and everything nice) that's what little girls are made of. Conversely, little boys appear to be made of salty stuff (let's face it, if I'm going to eat puppy dog tails, I'm going to salt them down really well first).

I'd love to poll moms to find out if this study rings true with them. Do mothers of girls recall snacking on sweets around the time of conception? Did salty snackers have boys?

Anyway, I learned this just in the nick of time! I think I'd rather have a girl, but I tend to snack salty rather than sweet. Not that I'm going to eat a bunch of junk hoping for a girl or anything!

No comments:

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos