Bill & Cat's Blog About Calla

Gender: Female
Name: Calla Sophia
Birthdate: October 11, 2008

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wine

I enjoy the occasional glass of wine with my dinner or afterwards. Calla has taken notice of this fact. And she has learned over the months that no matter how much she "whines" about it, she cannot have even a taste or a sip of mommy's wine. My daughter is a very tenacious soul, and she has persisted with her "requests" to share my wine whenever she sees that I'm drinking.

Poppa Bee and I devised a plan wherein we recently acquired a (we hope) indestructible wine glass, Calla's wine glass, and some purple grape juice, Calla's red wine. Several days ago, as I put the grape juice in the fridge, I casually explained to Bill that it was Calla's wine. It has sat there undisturbed until this afternoon, when Calla, out of the blue said, "I want Calla wine."

"All right, Calla, but just a little bit." I poured some of the grape juice into her special wine glass. And, since one of my responsibilities as her parent is to model responsible drinking habits, I also poured myself a glass (of mommy's special wine, but hey it was almost five o'clock). One should never drink alone!

Calla was so proud to have her own special glass of her own special wine. We had fun clinking our glasses together and saying, "Cheers!" She kept talking about her wine as she drank, "Calla. Wine. Calla. Drink. Cheers, Mommy. Drink. Mommy drink wine." And so on.

"Yes, Calla. Cheers! Calla's drinking Calla's wine."

She then looks me dead in the eye, flashes her famous supersized toothy smile and exclaims, "JUICE!!!"

I guess we're not fooling anybody over here. I'm tempted to pour myself another glass. Here's to clever kids. Cheers!

1 comment:

sweetpea said...

I can remember one little girl announcing to the grandparents that Daddy and Aunt Pat drank beer, and mommy drank beer but with tomato juice......HAHAHAHAH!

Calla Videos

Calla's Favorite Videos