- She continues to roll from back onto her tummy, even though she still has never done the opposite, which is supposed to be easier.
- She loves to blow raspberries now, which is very cute and messy thanks to all the drool. Often if you blow a raspberry at her, she will respond by blowing one back. This can go on for a while, too. Her father's daughter, what can I say?
- I *swear* I can see two little teeth just below the surface of her gums. I think I can even feel her right one starting to poke through a bit.
- She can tripod sit now!
- She has an intense interest in food, even though mean mama won't let her have any solids until after six months at least.
- In the last few days she has begun to pat me on the arm or shoulder when I pick her up. It's the sweetest thing ever. I think she does it because I pat her a lot: to soothe her, to help her get to sleep or go back to sleep, and often I do it without even realizing it.
- She had her first cold this week, and it was my first cold since before I was pregnant, too! Our souvenir from Daddy's trip to Dallas - the whole family was sick over the weekend and most of this week. It was a pretty mild cold, and taking care of Calla while she was sick was not as scary as I thought it was going to be. I thought she was having a growth spurt at first because she was eating so much, then realized the next day that she had a cold. I am now pretty handy with a bulb syringe.
- She is still napping like a pro (most of the time) in her crib. This week she has been able to do all of her morning naps (except today) without any help from me. Her afternoon naps, she still is waking and needing a little help to get back to sleep, but usually no more than ten minutes. I still hold her for the short late afternoon nap because I just love the cuddle time. I know I'm going to miss it when she gets a bit older. I like that she is in the crib for her long naps now so I can really enjoy holding her while she sleeps for the short nap.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Five Months Old!
Calla is five months old as of yesterday. Almost half a year has gone by, and so quickly. Gram was asking if we had cake again, and we did, but on the 10th, when we took Calla out to eat at Fresh Slices. Here's a pic of her after she stole my beer:
Posted by Catherine at 8:24 AM